All posts tagged Azerbaijan
Posted by Easterndoor on April 14, 2012
Posted by Easterndoor on April 14, 2012
Posted by Easterndoor on April 8, 2012
Deputy of European parliament: “Armenia occupied Azerbaijani lands with the help of Russia”
The member of foreign affairs committee of European parliament Ivo Vajgl during his visit to Azerbaijan was in Aghdam.
The guest after the meeting with officials of district visited the refugee school number 18 and was interested in the conditions of school and the level of education.
Ivo Vajgl who was answering the questions of journalists stated that whole world knows that Armenia occupied Azerbaijani lands: “The returning to their homeland of people who inhabited this settlement and all other people who spend refugee life as well is inevitable. It’s not only the problem of refugees, it’s the problem of all of us, the problem of humanity.”
The guest said that he doesn’t consider the activity of the OSCE Minsk group satisfactory: “All the co-chairs of OSCE Minsk group are professional diplomats. However there are some nuances which require more responsibility than their competency. Affair must be discussed in more wide frame. I think that European Union must participate closely in the solution of this problem. All we know that the solution of this conflict is very hard. However by the active participation of all the interested sides, it is possible to acquire the positive conclusion.”
I.Vajgl considers that USA and Russia must be in an active attitude in the solution of this conflict: “Because exactly by the help of Russia Armenia occupied Azerbaijani lands and doesn’t want to leave these areas.”
Posted by Easterndoor on March 18, 2012
LONDON – Oscar winning scribe Christopher Hampton is penning a big screen adaptation of novel Ali & Nino, by Kurban Said.
British production banner PeaPie Films, headed by producer Kris Thykier, has snapped up the movie rights to the book and will produce.
Said’s epic love story is one of the most original works of 20th literature and since its initial publication in 1937, it has been translated into 33 languages worldwide with nearly 100 reprints.
Ali Khan and Nino Kipiani live in Baku, the cosmopolitan, oil-rich capital of Azerbaijan which, at the beginning of the twentieth century, is a melting-pot of different cultures. Ali is a Muslim and Nino is a Christian Georgian girl with sophisticated European ways. Despite their differences, the two have loved each other since childhood and Ali is determined that he will marry Nino as soon as she leaves school.
Hampton secured an Academy Award in 1988 for his adaptation of his own play Dangerous Liaisons.
Hampton said: “From the moment I read the book I fell in love with this story which is beautifully written and in many ways as relevant and resonant now as it was when it was first published.”
Posted by Easterndoor on January 30, 2012
EuroVillage will be established in Baku in the run-up to Eurovision 2012. Eurovillage is a major social project. It will be created under the open sky. Various campaigns, concerts and programs for contest delegations will be held here, contest working group head Adil Kerimli told Trend on Friday.
He said the Euroclub will also open in Baku. Various entertainment will be provided to reporters and participants with entry by invitation only. Kerimli said information on the location of EuroVillage and Euroclub will be announced soon.
Posted by Easterndoor on January 29, 2012
The 20th January called “Black January” due to massacres done in Azerbaijan. If you haven’t ever heard about this date and tragedy I advice you to watch this short video made by CNN.
Posted by Easterndoor on January 20, 2012
Well,if you don’t know the answer don’t miss the short list of the facts below.
- The first democratic republic was made in the east is Azerbaijan.
- The first opera in the east was made by Uzeyir Hajibeyov from Azerbaijan.
- The first woman composer made opera in the east was Shafika Akhundova from Azerbaijan.
- The first country which gave the suffrage to women in the east is Azerbaijan( Before the most countries in Europe and America).
- The first oil-gush in the world was made in Azerbaijan.
- The first tanker in the world named Zoroaster sailed between Baku(Azerbaijan) and Hashtarkhan.
- The homeland of Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev who was known as the richest man in the East is Azerbaijan.
- The third ancient place inhabited by humans is Azerbaijan(Azix cave in Karabakh).
- One of the most ancient churches in Caucasus was built in Azerbaijan(Sheki).
- The second ancient mosque in Caucasus was built in Azerbaijan( was built in 743 and survived the 11 strong earthquakes).
- The third place where the most number of saints buried in the world is a monument built in 7th century in Azerbaijan(Bibiheybet mosque).
Posted by Easterndoor on November 8, 2011